Caramel Apple Cupcakes Recipe
This is a simply delicious recipe for Caramel Apple Cupcakes. The perfect Thanksgiving cupcake Recipe. Everyone bakes an apple pie, or strudel.
This apple cupcake recipe will be the stand out on the Fall Harvest Time bake sale table.
The air is crisp and fresh. The leaves are turning colors. The fragrant goodness of apples are all around us.
The Caramel Apple Cupcakes Recipe has flavorful cinnamon taste, with a surprise caramel bite in the middle. The Granny Smith Apples, are tart, but not too tart.
The combination in this Thanksgiving cupcake will be enjoyed by all ages. You can garnish the top with pecans. Or some homemade whipped cream or cool whip is delectable too. Goes well with hot chocolate, or a Baileys Irish Coffee.
- 2 cups Granny Smith Apples Cored and Peeled.
- 21/1 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup butter / or instead of butter, 3 tablespoons jarred applesauce
- 24 caramels
- makes 18 to 24 cupcakes
- Heat over to 350 degrees
- Place paper or foil liners in cupcake tins
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in medium bowl
- Set aside caramel pieces and apples
- Combine half and half, eggs, butter or applesauce in large
- Beat at medium speed for two the three minutes
- Gradually add in flour mixture until well mixed
fold in apples
- Place a caramel in the middle of each cupcakes batter (be sure to place gently)
- Pour into cupcakes tins 1/2 full
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean
- Cool cupcakes
- 20 caramels
- 2 table spoons of milk
Melt caramels on low heat in non-stick sauce pan. Add milk until it makes a smooth, saucy consistency. Take off heat. Cool approximately 5 to 10 minutes, until it makes a spreadable consistency. Spread over cooled cupcakes.
Place pecans on top if desired.